- 700g (1 1/2lb) Jersey Royal potatoes, gently rubbed to remove
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and halved
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and halved
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 110g (4oz) feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 50g (2oz) marinated black or green olives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- a few basil leaves, to garnish
Les recettes Jersey Royal
Mediterranean Jersey Royal Salad.
Delicious Jersey Royal salad suitable for a light meal, lunch,
side salad or picnic dish. Made with Jersey Royals, grilled red and
yellow peppers, black olives and feta cheese in a wonderfully tasty
dressing made with sun-dried tomato paste, lemon juice and fresh
- Cook the Jersey Royals in boiling water until just tender -
about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the peppers, skin side up, until blackened -
about 6 - 8 minutes. Cool, then peel them.
- Mix together the sun-dried tomato paste and lemon juice in a
large serving bowl. Drain the cooked Jersey Royals and add them to
the bowl whilst they are still warm. Tear the peppers into the bowl
and toss everything together gently until coated.
- When the potatoes have cooled, add the feta cheese and olives,
stirring gently to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then
serve, scattered with the basil leaves.
Do not peel Jersey Royal potatoes - simply rub any flaky skin
gently from the surface. Always put Jersey Royals into boiling
water to seal in the flavour - adding salt to the water is a matter
of personal preference.
Adding the Jersey Royals to the dressing whilst they are warm
means that they absorb the flavours as they cool.
Look out for bottled roast peppers to use instead of fresh ones,
and use ordinary tomato puree instead of sun-dried tomato paste, if