- 500g Jersey Royals, scrubbed and halved
- 200g asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Jersey Royal Recipes
Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- Cook the Jersey Royals in lightly salted boiling water for
15-20 minutes, until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, toss the asparagus in 1 tbsp of
olive oil. Preheat a char-grill pan or the grill and cook the
asparagus, in batches if necessary, until tender.
- Put the spring onions into a salad bowl and add the lemon juice
or vinegar, olive oil and mustard. Leave to marinate for 5-10
- Drain the Jersey Royals and put them into the salad bowl,
stirring them gently to coat in the dressing. Leave to cool for 10
minutes, then add the asparagus and tomatoes. Season and mix
gently, the serve, scattered with basil leaves.
Use fine green beans instead of asparagus for a change.