- 700g (1 1/2 lb) small Jersey Royal Potatoes
- 30ml (2 tablesp) mayonnaise
- 200ml (1/3 rd pint) buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 7g (1/4 oz) chives, snipped
Jersey Royal Recipes
Jersey Royals in Buttermilk and Parmesan.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add potatoes, bring back
to the boil, then simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until just
tender. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic
and cheese. Stir in the chives. Drain cooked potatoes and cool.
Spoon dressing over the potatoes, turning the potatoes to coat
evenly. Serve cool with cooked asparagus.
Do not peel Jersey potatoes. Simply rub any flaky skin gently
from the surface. Always put Jersey Royals into boiling water - to
seal in the flavour. Adding salt to the water is a matter of